So I have been wanting to cook with Quinoa for awhile and I finally did last night. I made a Greek style Quinoa with lots of vegi's and it was Delish! here is a picture:
I made 1 cup of Quinoa and mixed in:
sauteed spinach
roasted broccoli
roasted cauliflower
roasted cherry tomatoes
cilantro-this made the dish I should have added more!
kalamata olives
chives
Feta
Next time I would leave the broccoli and cauliflower out, it didn't really go with the theme but I was trying to add as many vegis as I could. I also would have added more cilantro b/c it really added most of the flavor. The Quinoa really doesn't have any flavor so i want to find things with lots of flavor to add to it. Next time I want to make one with basil, tomatoes, balsamic and mozzarella.
However my husband was not a fan of this dish. He thought it was pretty nasty actually and I just had to laugh. He had toast for dinner :-)

I have to say, I think Matt would have the same opinion as Justin with this recipe! Men... just want meat!!!
ReplyDelete