Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well today I turn 32! I love my birthday and getting spoiled and all the things that come with it!
I also dont' mind turning 32, I am exactly where I want to be in my life and I have no complainants about anything!

My oh My what a difference a year makes though! Last year on my birthday I wasn't even engaged yet, and we went to dinner with my Dad! If I knew what I knew how back then I would've stop asking Justin when he was going to propose (since he ended up doing it on Feb 26th) and I would've hugged my dad a little tighter had I know this was the last bday I would spend with him! Here is a picture of us last year on my bday- we were w/ Justin and his parents too, gosh I miss my Dad so much!!!!


I took today and tomorrow off (and my boss said we can have Monday off) so I have a nice 5 day weekend! Today I am headed to Rumi Simone spa for a deep tissue massage, facial, body scrub and a pedicure! I love to be pampered and am so excited for 5 hours of treatments!!!  Then I am meeting my sister for happy hour and hopefully Justin will be able to make it too. Being a business owner is a lot of work, and it actually doesn't bother me if he has to miss things here and there because he has to work. I have so much respect for him and how hard he works and how he takes care of me. Plus he always makes time for me.....in fact he is taking the next 2 days off (yes he works Saturdays too-6 days per week!) to take me to the five pine lodge in sisters! We are going to relax, spa, eat, drink and just play in the snow. Justin use to live in sisters so he is excited to go and show me around. I am so looking forward to uninterrupted time with him too, plus our dog Mackie is coming with us- should be a nice little family weekend!

So thanks to my friend Lexy- I copied her and ordered this for myself as my bday present off of etsy, its so cute, I cant wait to get it I have the perfect spot for it on my wall!

Cheers for turning 32! I already know what I am wishing for this year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mo. I am soooo glad you are surrounded by great people. I can't even imagine how much you miss your Dad, sorry friend! Love you to pieces! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past year was an emotional rollercoaster for you with your dad's sickness and failing health and your engagement and wedding. Extreme highs and lows. What a crazy ride.

    I'm sure a quote won't make you miss your dad any less, but I like this quote about grief/loss: "While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil." That's a very comforting thought to me.

    Hang in there, friend. Nothin' but blue skies ahead in the next year of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past year was an emotional rollercoaster for you with your dad's sickness and failing health and your engagement and wedding. Extreme highs and lows. What a crazy ride.

    I'm sure a quote won't make you miss your dad any less, but I like this quote about grief/loss: "While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil." That's a very comforting thought to me.

    Hang in there, friend. Nothin' but blue skies ahead in the next year of your life!!

    ReplyDelete