I resigned! My last day of work is July 29th! I will have 2 months (give or take) until baby Easton arrives and I am so happy about that. Let me explain.... my job is outside sales, I run around Portland and walk properties, go into garbage enclosures and crawl up drop boxes etc... doing this is pretty physical and doing this in our hottest 2 months (August and September) 8 and 9 months prego would just be unbearable. Trust me if I had an office job I would work longer but that is simply not the case. Plus since I am planning staying at home with Easton I just feel like I didn't want to leave my work hanging so I just told them Friday!
This is so exciting and so crazy! I have never not worked and I have supported myself for the past 10 years so this is a huge change for me. I look at is as more of a career change though because I understand being a stay at home mom is tough... so I have no delusions that I will be shopping, spa-ing and relaxing all day. Can't wait to see what the future holds for me!
Congrats, Morgan! Your next job - as Easton's mama - will be the most important job you've ever had. I have no doubt that you will be phenomenal, just as you've been at every job you've had leading up to this point. Exciting times ahead!!!
ReplyDeleteHardest job you'll ever love! So excited for you Morgan...good thing you can blog all about your new job, once he arrives =)
ReplyDeleteAgree with Sus...hardest job you'll love for sure! Congratulations on the new adventures ahead. And remember it's ok if mommy needs a time out from time to time too...we are human too...well maybe superhuman once you become a mama! ;o) XO
ReplyDelete