I had a busy Saturday planned and was a little worried if I'd make it through the day without falling asleep, and I did!
I met a friend and her cute little Family for breakfast. Then went to a Friends baby shower and I loved hearing what the moms had to say about things, "Oh you have to have one of these!" "you will use this all the time" "I dont' know what I would've done without this!" It was really cute and I can't wait to learn about all these new things soon!
Saturday night Justin, my sister and I attended an auction for a non-profit my dad helped start back in 1995. What use to be a little auction has turned into a 350 person sold out event that raised thousands of dollars. Its the Native fish society, my dad was really passionate about fish conservation and it was really cool to be there! My sister and I decided to donate some of my dad's art and a very nice fishing reel to the auction because we know my dad would've noted that.
Here is the live auction item and the reel with a GREAT photo of my dad:
It sold for $1400! We didn't buy anything in the live auction but Justin bought a knife in the silent auction, I got a trader joes goody bag and my sister got a wine tour for 10 people at willamette valley vineyards. The president spoke about my dad and it was heart wrenching, when a pregnant girl like me starts crying it's hard to stop, but I survived. I could really feel my dad's presence there that night and I loved that. It was so fun to tell all my dad's friends I was prego too, nothing like seeing grown men cry....



No comments:
Post a Comment