Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gym Time!


Time for me to get back after it! I worked so hard to get in great shape and lost if all while I was pregnant, so its time to get my body back! Food is obviously such a big part and I have a plan for that so now its time to work out!

I went back to my gym today after a 6 month 'vacation' (yes I have been walking and working out at home). The sweet guys at the front desk were happy to see me and meet Easton. I signed up for daycare- $30/month for unlimited 2 hours per day! Seems like a good deal to me. I was very reluctant to leave Easton with strangers...but after meeting the girls and talking to other moms I felt good about it. I did 20 mins on the elliptical- then checked on him....just chillin in the carseat...then I lifted weights and checked on him again...still just chillin. She said she thought he pooped- so I changed that and since it was a beautiful day (and my ipod was dead) I took him and walked a mile on the track outside. The girls were really sweet and I feel good about that daycare. I had a pretty easy workout but I don't want to overdo it and be really sore, then I won't want to go! So I plan on getting more intense each week.

It felt so good to be back at the gym! My husband doesn't understand why I don't work out at home- (we have a treadmill, stairmaster and weights- that he uses and workouts with every week night). But I love gyms, and the energy that everyone has there. Plus on days where I have no errands to run no shopping to do etc...it will get me out of the house!

So no booze, no carbs and no sugar til my Birthday....in hopes I will be able to FINALLY get my damn wedding ring back on! I miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! It sounds like you're determined. I have no doubt you'll be rockin' a toned body in a few months.
    I so miss going to the gym. I tried to talk Aaron into a family membership at the YMCA but he doesn't think the boys are old enough to fully take advantage of everything they offer. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the gym.. Clubsport had so much drama but was such a great source of energy and fun. I work out at home and outside and to tell u the truth it sucks.. My runs r great but miss talking w people and taking classes.. So I get the "gym" thing.. Take it easy on urself and enjoy the time to urself. Keep up th hard work!

    ReplyDelete