Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

So my sister was telling me about making stuffed peppers and I forgot how much I love those! They are so easy to make and I just kinda threw whatever I had in there and they were seriously so delicious!
Here's what I did:
I cooked ground turkey meat with some olive oil, onions, minced garlic. I added dried Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Also added a small can of tomato sauce.

In a mixing bowl I added some wild grain rice (cooked-I buy the bags you just microwave for 90 seconds-love those) and 1 tomato diced. And I threw in a handful of Parmesan/mozzarella cheese mix.

I added the meat mix to the rice mixture and just stirred and stuffed the peppers. I could have made about 8 peppers with the amount of stuffing I had though.

I used some cooking spray in a bread pan-put them in there so they would stand up. Baked at 350 for 30 mins and then sprinkled on some Cheddar cheese and cooked for about 5 minutes. These were so Delicious I am SO making them again...and again :-)

I think corn or black beans would be good too, you could even do a small pasta, maybe add some basil, cilantro just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment