I think the BEST advice I received before becoming a mom was from my bosses wife. She had quit her successful career to stay at home with her babies too. She said, "you will feel like a failure everyday!" I said, "what?!?!?!" She said, "yep, I know in your job now you never fail, but when you are a mom you do on a daily basis". I wasn't sure what she meant but now I know! Do any other of you moms feels this way?!?!
Parenting failures of the week:
1. Forgot to give Easton his Vitamin D Drops one day...FAIL
2. While on pinterest, I think he was watching TV, for I don't know, 20 minutes..FAIL!
3. Didn't get him to take an afternoon nap twice.. FAIL!
4. We go to the gym every morning and I put him in the daycare, it feels selfish...FAIL!
5. Forgot a hat for him and its freezing....FAIL!
6. I think he pooped and I fell back asleep...FAIL!
7. Forgot to vaccum, do dishes etc...FAIL!
8. Easton has two big scratches on his face because I forgot to cut his nails...FAIL!
I know these are all minimal but its pretty amazing how she was right and I feel like a failure at some point, EVERYDAY!
its not failure it's learning that things don't go as planned and life still goes on. AS long as you are raising a happy, healthy little man you are never a failure! :) XOXO
ReplyDeleteYes! We all can relate! Although I honestly think that we moms are WAY TOO HARD on ourselves. If we fail our kids in small ways every now & then, that's how they learn that the world isn't perfect. (He has to learn eventually.) Is he safe? Is he fed? Is he hugged? Is he loved? You are a WONDERFUL mama, Mo. I think you're doing everything just right!!
ReplyDeleteP.S.
I remember feeling like a failure after Adam's first Valentine's Day party at daycare. I brought candy. The other moms brought stickers and healthy snacks. Oh well. It's all a learning experience, right?!