Monday, January 17, 2011

Lotion

My love for lotion goes back years, I cant remember when I started using this fabulous stuff but I can't live a day with out it now! I even mix lotions to create my own scents and I'll add my favortite coco butter to a lotion that has good smell but not enough moisture. I seriously have anywhere form 20-30 lotions at all times!

When we were in Fiji for our honeymoon I fell in love all over again, not with my husband (ok him too :)) but with Pure Fiji. The pineapple and coconut scents will always remind me of our honeymoon and I could only bring 2 bottles home ( because Justin and I shared a suitcase) so I have been savoring it and not using everyday. It seriously has the best feel and the perfect amount of moisture without making you feel greasy, buttery or sticky. Then when I was at my favorite spa the other day.....they had it there! I had mixed emotions about this, part of me was like OMG they make this in Fiji and it should just be for that and now it doesn't feel that special if they sell it in the US. But the other part of me was thrilled, now I am using everyday knowing I can get more!

The biggest lotion mistake I have ever made in my life was recently. I bought a new scent of creative sensations (LOVE their stuff- try the mango coconut!) called sparkling champagne. I had kinda a grape/apple-y scent and did kinda remind me of champagne! I brought it home and the following morning put it all over myself (including my face) while I was watching the morning news..... next thing I know Justin is totally laughing me and said "you look like a disco ball"!! IT HAS GLITTER IN IT, and not just a little glitter, like large amounts that teenage girls would love! ah, didn't take another shower but got most of it off before work. awesome.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Thanks for the smile tonight :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE lotions... I always use Bath and Body Works, but love having a body butter at night on my feet and hands. I'm thinking I might need to buy some of this.

    ReplyDelete