Sometimes I LOVE going into a weekend with no real plans, and just knowing I can whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it. The work week is so structured and I get sick of it!
Last night I took Justin to dinner at his favorite BBQ place: Famous Dave's for some Ribs... I owed him dinner, lets just say I lost a bet.
I actually really like their food too, I either get the nachos or sassy salad, and you can have bbq chicken, pulled pork or brisket. Its seriously so good!
Today we had to go to my dad's house to get some financial info so I can take it to work and shred it all. For the First time I went to his house and didn't cry! I think I am making some progress! Then we went to cook park, a park by Tigard High I spent countless hours at growing up- playing soccer, softball etc. We took Mackie for a nice walk, it was wet but not rainy, and the fresh air felt amazing!
Today we will be watching the EAGLES game and cheering hard, hoping the woop up on the packers! I am making some foot ball food for lunch, mac and cheese bites to be exact. They are the new thing at Trader Joe's and if you haven't tried these you must!
And I am making a pork roast for the first time for diner later....hope it turns out well. It actually 1 of 3 we have in our freezer from the hog Justin killed back in June. I just put it in the crock pot with some chicken broth, water, onions, garlic and seasonings.
On a sad not I knew 2 people that died on Friday. Neither was I very close too, but one was my age and she passed away from cancer. The other woman was a friends mother in law who also passed away from Cancer. I am reminded of 2 things this weekend:
1. Cancer effin sucks and we need to find a cure!
2. Life is so short, I am healthy-happy and I have so many things to be thankful for getting out of bed every morning should be easy this week!


Ok, now I want some mac and cheese bites thanks to the power of suggestion. They sound DELICIOUS.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog! The way you write is very conversational and totally how you talk: It's ALMOST like we're together again, having a drink after work. Miss you, friend!
I'm wondering about the bet you lost? Interesting... and I love your blog! Keep it up the posts.
ReplyDelete